The Centre of Ceramic Art (CoCA) is housed in two beautiful gallery spaces on the first floor of York Art Gallery, located in the heart of York a short walk away from the railway station and other popular attractions.
Monday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Closed: 25, 26 December and 1 January.
Early closing at 2.30pm: 24 and 31 December.
YMT Card Holder FREE
Adult (with 10% Gift Aid Donation) £6.00
Adult (without donation) £5.45
Child (under 5) FREE
Child (5-16) £3.00 – (this will increase to £3.50 when the full gallery re-opens)
Student/Young Person** £4.20
York Resident (with 10% Gift Aid Donation)*** £4.80
York Resident (without donation)*** £4.37
Visitors on Universal Credit*** £3.00/ FREE for York Residents on Universal Credit
*Up to four children free per one paying adult. Additional children of any age will be charged at £4 per child.
** For those aged 17-24 or in possession of a valid student card, such as an NUS card.
***York residents must be able to demonstrate that they live within the City of York Council local authority boundary by providing a recent Council Tax statement, a valid YorkCard from an Explore library, a York student ID card or similar.
If you or any of your party have an additional need that you feel may affect your visit, please talk to our Visitor Experience team when you arrive as you may be eligible for a discounted entry rate.
Book Your Tickets Online
Don’t miss out and pay your admission online.
We offer free admission for the below. Please note that a valid card or proof of identity will be required in most circumstances.
- Carers who are accompanying a disabled visitor
- Blind or partially-sighted visitors
- National Art Pass (find out more on the Art Fund website)
- York Pass holders
- York Museums Trust staff, Trustees and volunteers
- Friends of York Art Gallery
- Blue Badge Guide
- Museums Association Card
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) staff
- NMDC (National Museums Directors council) staff
- GEM (Group for Education in Museums) staff
- York members of the Association of Voluntary Guides
- MAX Card
- Visit York Tourism Partners
- Visit York VIP Pass
- Jorvik staff (for the duration of the York St Mary’s exhibition only)
- Museum and gallery employees for organisations included in the NMDC Reciprocal Free Admission Scheme
How to Find Us
Exhibition Square, York, YO1 7EW
York Art Gallery is in Exhibition Square, five minutes’ from York Minster and opposite Bootham Bar, the northern gateway on the city walls. It is about 15 to 20 minutes’ walk from York Railway Station.
The nearest car park is on Marygate, which is five minutes’ walk and has 350 spaces. Marygate is off Bootham, the A19, which is the main road into York from the north. For more car parking information please click here.
There are two entrances to York Art Gallery, at the front and the other at the rear via York Museum Gardens. The gallery is fully accessible to wheelchair users. Please click here for full accessibility information.
- Toilets are available on both the ground floor and first floor, including an accessible toilet on both floors.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the accessible toilets.
- Lockers are available on the first floor at the entrance to CoCA.
The Centre of Ceramic Art also has a dedicated shop located on the upper floor. Along with cards, gifts and guide books, the shop also stock limited edition and collectible ceramics specially selected by our curatorial and retail departments. To find out more, visit our Curator Space page.
YMT Card holders receive a discount on items bought in the shop.