Freelance Studio Pottery Consultancy.
Areas of specialist interest:
- Studio pottery, history, theory and practice.
- Writing about potters and studio pottery.
- Academic HE examination and research supervision.
- Exhibition curation.
- Film making.
- Collaborative practice.
- Tableware, salt glazing, kiln building and wood firing.
- Trained as a production studio potter with Ray Finch at Winchcombe pottery.
- Senior Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University 1976-2010.
- Freelance studio pottery consultant since 2010.
- Has extensive experience of committee work.
- Further information here.
- Throwing pots and associated studio pottery production techniques.
- Lecturing on the subject of potters and studio pottery.
- Writing on the subject of potters and studio pottery.
- Curatorial skills including the instigation, development and realization of exhibitions.
Based in Lancashire.